Instant Karma

Monday, September 26, 2005

Must be the New Year's Parties

In two weeks we will be driving to Atlanta because my grandmother is throwing my grandfather a surprise 80th birthday party. While the mere mention of this venture causes R to roll his eyes and groan, it will actually be a very useful trip for the purpose of gift giving. You see, a disproportionately large number of people in my immediate and extended family were born in the month of October. This leads to a great OUTflux of money in October for all the gift buying and mailing (By the by, why does it often cost more to pack and ship a present than the present itself actually costs? When is someone going to invent that Star Trek transporter gadget?). So now I can make my purchases and tote them with me across two states and hand them to my relatives in person. While the cost of gas may negate the cost I save on shipping, I still like to think that I can chalk this one up in the "win" column in the battle of me vs. the postal system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home