Instant Karma

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Surprise House

There is a plantation 2 minutes from my home. Yes I live in the South and there are still working plantations. Not with slaves and all, but they sure do love to gouge the money from the public's pockets by charging $20 for a $3 pumpkin. This particular plantation always has seasonal activities. The activity of this season? The aforementioned pricey pumpkins and a Haunted House (in a tent with strobe lights, as seen from the road at least).

As we drove by it last Saturday night, strobe lights urging the masses in through the haunted doors, R commented that it's not so much a "haunted" house as a "Surprise! I'm-a-badly-dressed-scary-character-jumping-out-of-the-darkness-when-you-least-expect-it House."

The thing is, this still scares the crap out of me. I mean, c'mon...I jump 3 feet in the air when R gets home from work and walks into the kitchen while I'm in there getting dinner ready. I get startled very easily. R knows this. He likes to take full advantage of it. I can't even count the number of times I've been showering and I almost have heart failure because R thinks it is amusing to sneak in and say "Boo!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home