Instant Karma

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Go West, Young Man! Go West

It's finally gotten to the point where R cannot possibly stand to work for that place for 3 more years, as originally planned. Without getting into too much detail, the company sucks and the people he works with suck and he cannot handle the suckiness anymore. So, after lots of discussion, we've decided that it will be best for him to apply to other jobs - somewhere where the sucking will be held to a minimum, if at all possible.

The main issue that has caused the most discussion is that R finding another job will almost certainly involve us moving to the upstate. That's where all the engineering jobs are. Sadly, that would mean I'd have to leave my most fabulous job and we'd have to figure out exactly how to pay my organization back for the $9K they've shelled out thus far for my grad school education. Those are the things on the "cons" list. Luckily, and this is why I'm supporting the move, the "pros" list is much longer. I won't list every single pro, just know that there are plenty of them.

Ironically, the theme of the Homecoming floats last weekend was "Go West, Young Tiger," and it looks like go West, we shall. No specific time frame, but it would be prudent to get out now while we only owe my company $9K instead of waiting several more semesters at $3K a pop.

Just for fun earlier this week I looked up real estate in the upstate to see what our house buying opportunities would be. After seeing what we could get for LESS than the RENT we're paying now, I called up R and said, "Not only do I support your decision to move, I verily insist we move up there!" We'd have to pay out the wazoo for the same size house here. That's on the "pros" list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home